Ph.D. Student Resources
This page details some useful resources as you navigate through the Ph.D. Government & Public Policy program. Please contact the program director if you have suggestions for additional materials to be included on this page.
Rules & Regulations
- The Graduate College has extensive details on University-wide University-wid policies and procedures.
- For full details of SGPP rules and regulations, consult the latest version of our Ph.D. Program Handbook.
- Chris Blattman offers some great advice on how to think about advising relationships.
- The UA Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA) offers a graduate Certificate in College Teaching.
- Here is an interesting paper on "Ten simple rules for structuring papers."
- A discussion of the debate on the benefits of publishing as PhD students. Note: We'd recommend you try to publish in your time here!
- This post contains some tips on getting your first paper published. These tips are mostly about the R&R process.
- Chris Blattman's thoughts on discussing papers.
The Job Market
- Sara Mitchell has gathered together some interesting posts on the job market.
- Chris Blattman's advice regarding the academic job market and negotiating a job offer.
- You can request funding support from SGPP for conference travel.