- There are multiple channels to find and secure an internship. The Find Internships is a great place to start. In addition, Handshake is the University of Arizona's career management tool, offering UA students and alumni access to jobs, internships, on-campus research experiences, and all things career and experiential learning related. You can also research internships by using search engines to look up internships in your county.
- You are encouraged to secure an internship related to your post-graduate career goals. If you are uncertain about internships, email SGPP Internship Coordinator Laureana Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment.
- Students are unable to enroll themselves in the Internship Course. Your SGPP Internship Coordinator will enroll you in the class contingent on submitting a work plan. Refer to the Apply for Internship Credit page for details on enrolling in the course.
- No, students must secure an internship and complete a work plan (requiring a site-supervisor signature) in order to enroll in the course
- SGPP Internship Coordinator Laureana Jones considers work plan extensions on a case-by-case basis. Contact Ms. Jones (email@example.com), and she will determine if you are eligible for an extension.
- You will receive an email stating you have been enrolled in the course
- You can check your UAccess Schedule to verify you have been enrolled
Students are required to intern for 40 hours to earn one academic unit.
Criminal Justice and Public Management and Policy majors must complete three internship units, totaling 120 internship hours on-site.
Yes. Honors students can receive honors credit for internships.
If you are a Criminal Justice honors student, please indicate on the work plan that you want to enroll in PA 493H.
If you are a Political Science honors student, please indicate on the work plan that you want to enroll in POL 393H.
If you are a Public Management and Policy honors student, please indicate on the work plan that you want to enroll in PA 393H.
Your Internship Coordinator will review the portal regularly and enroll you in your respective internship course. Please allow SGPP 5-7 business days to process your work plan.