Washington D.C. Housing Stipend
Heading to Washington D.C. for an internship? Apply for Melody S. Robidoux Washington, D.C. Housing Stipend to help cover your housing costs.
You must meet the following requirements to apply for a housing stipends/reimbursements:
- Be a declared SGPP major (Law, Criminal Justice Studies, Public Management and Policy, or Political Science)
- Secure an D.C. internship before applying for the stipend.
- Internship must be relevant to a student’s major in the School of Government and Public Policy.
- Submit Housing Stipend applications at least a month prior to the start of the program.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for funding.
All stipends/reimbursements are credited to your Bursar's Account. Deficits on the Bursar's account will be satisfied before a refund will be issued.
The housing stipend is intended to offset the cost of lodging in D.C. for students. The maximum award is $250/week.
Student travelers are held to the Student Code of Conduct standards while representing the UA at off-campus events/locations.
How to Apply
Complete the online application
As part of your application, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Résumé (include current education AND career, scholarship and volunteer experience)
- Brief statement answering the following questions (250 words): How is this internship relevant to your major in the School of Government and Public Policy? How will this internship help you achieve your future professional interests?
Once you have completed the online application, submit the following materials to Susan Warren, email@example.com or drop them off at the SGPP Main Office, SS 315. The SGPP Main Office hours are 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday (Office closed on UA holidays and all weekends).
- Letter from Washington, D.C. organization verifying internship offer.
- Housing contract or official letter/email from property owner stating housing cost and verifying your rental.
All documents submitted must be signed and dated. Signature/date does not imply that documents are accurate, only that they have been received by the department.
Documents must be received by the application deadline in order to be considered for funding. You may also mail the documents to:
School of Government and Public Policy
University of Arizona
ATTN: Susan Warren
Social Sciences Building
PO Box 210027
Tucson, AZ 85721-0027
All student stipends are contingent on availability of funds.