Washington D.C. Housing Stipend
Heading to Washington D.C. for a summer internship? Apply for Melody S. Robidoux Washington, D.C. Housing Stipend to help cover your housing costs.
You must meet the following requirements to apply for a housing stipends/reimbursements:
- Be a declared SGPP major (Law, Criminal Justice Studies, Public Management and Policy, or Political Science)
- Secure a summer D.C. internship before applying for the stipend.
- Internship must be relevant to a student’s major in the School of Government and Public Policy.
- Submit Housing Stipend applications by six weeks before the start of the summer session
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for funding.
All stipends/reimbursements are credited to your Bursars Account. Deficits on the Bursars account will be satisfied before a refund will be issued.
Student travelers are held to the Student Code of Conduct standards while representing the UA at off-campus events/locations.
How to Apply
Complete the online application (Applications are currently closed, check back later for the next application period)
As part of your application, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Résumé (include current education AND career, scholarship and volunteer experience)
- Brief statement answering the following questions (250 words): How is this internship relevant to your major in the School of Government and Public Policy? How will this internship help you achieve your future professional interests?
Once you have completed the online application, submit the following materials to Social Sciences, room 315, Susan Warren’s mailbox. The SGPP Main Office hours are 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday (Office closed on UA holidays and all weekends).
- Letter from Washington, D.C. organization verifying internship offer.
- Housing contract or official letter/email from property owner stating housing cost and verifying your rental.
All documents submitted must be signed and dated by the SGPP Main Office to be accepted. Signature/date does not imply that documents are accurate, only that they have been received by the department.
Documents must be received by the application deadline in order to be considered for funding. You may also mail the documents to:
School of Government and Public Policy
University of Arizona
ATTN: Susan Warren
315 Social Sciences Building
PO Box 210027
Tucson, AZ 85721-0027
All student stipends are contingent on availability of funds.