Washington D.C. Internships
D.C. Internship Funding Sources
SGPP Melody S. Robidoux, Washington, D.C. Housing Stipend
SGPP majors may receive a stipend for housing if they have secured an internship in Washington, D.C.
Application details and deadline on the Washington, D.C. Housing Stipend page.
SGPP Travel Funding Stipend
SGPP juniors and seniors may apply for flight stipends of up to $500 w/in the U.S. for travel connected to their major.
Application details and deadline on the Travel Stipend page.
UA Federal Relations DC Congressional Intern Scholarship
UA students may apply for the scholarship will allow $500/mo for living expenses, plus a tuition award.
Application details and deadline on the DC Congressional Intern Scholarship page.
Many DC Congressional Internships are now paid!
Payment varies depending on the office.
Application Tips: Washington D.C. Congressional Internship Application Tips
- Congressman Biggs – Offices in Mesa and Washington, D.C.
- Congressman Gallego – Offices in Phoenix and Washington, D.C.
- Congressman Gosar – Offices in Arizona and Washington, D.C.
- Congressman Grijalva – Offices in Tucson and Washington, D.C.
- Congresswoman Kirkpatrick – Offices in Tucson and Washington, D.C.
- Congresswoman Lesko – Offices in Glendale and Washington, D.C.
- Congressman O'Halleran – Offices in Tucson and Washington, D.C.
- Congressman Schweikert – Offices in Scottsdale and Washington, D.C.
- Congressman Stanton – Offices in Phoenix and Washington, D.C.
- Senator Kyrsten Sinema – Offices in Phoenix and Washington D.C.
- Senator Martha McSally – Offices in Phoenix and Washington D.C.
Congressional Internship Scholarships
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- CHCI Congressional Internship Program
- Running Start- Star Fellowship Program
- American Civil Liberties Union - New York & Washington D.C.
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
- American Enterprise Institute - Washington D.C.
The American Enterprise Institute is a public policy think tank dedicated to defending human dignity, expanding human potential, and building a freer and safer world.
- American Humanist Association - Washington D.C.
For over 75 years, the AHA has proudly served as the leading progressive voice in America on behalf of humanists, atheists, agnostics, and freethinkers.
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - Washington D.C. and other areas (Search Internship in the Career searchbar)
Our organization was founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans and must be protected under the law.
- Atlantic Council - Washington D.C.
The Atlantic Council promotes constructive leadership and engagement in international affairs based on the Atlantic Community's central role in meeting global challenges.
- Brennan Center for Justice - New York & Washington D.C., PAID
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that works to reform, revitalize - and when necessary, defend - our country's systems of democracy and justice.
- Center for Strategic & International Studies - Washington D.C.
Established in Washington, D.C., over 50 years ago, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a bipartisan, nonprofit policy research organization dedicated to providing strategic insights and policy solutions to help decision makers chart a course toward a better world.
- City Internships - Various Locations
CI is an accelerated learning provider. We partner with traditional educators and leading companies to close the skills gap that is leaving graduate jobs unfilled and more than 55% of graduates under-employed.
- Council of Foreign Relations - New York & Washington D.C.
Ann independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank and publisher dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens in order to help them better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries.
- Federation for American Immigration Reform - Washington D.C.
FAIR's mission is to examine immigration trends and effects, to educate the American people on the impacts of sustained high-volume immigration, and to discern, put forward, and advocate immigration policies that will best serve American encironmental, societal, mand economic interests, toady and into the future.
- Human Rights Watch- New York, Washington D.C., Florida & Los Angeles
Human Rights Watch is an independent, international organization that works as part of a vibrant movement to uphold human dignity and advance the cause of human rights for all.
- Landesa - Seattle, WA & Washington D.C.
Landesa champions and works to secure land rights for millions of the world's poorest, mostly rural women and men, to provide opportunity and promote social justice.
- Mercy Corps - Portland, OR, Washington D.C., & Cambridge, MA
We mobilize communities, collaborate with companies and activate across agencies to deliver breakthorugh ideas tha tmake a better world possible.
- National Women's Law Center - Washington D.C.
The Center has been a leader in the landmark legal and public policy advances that have dramatically imporved the lives of women and their families for more than 40 years.
- NPR - Washington D.C., California, New York, Chicago & Boston, PAID
The mission of NPR is to work in partnership with Member Stations to create a more informed public - one challenged and invigorated by a deeper understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures.
- Office of Special Events at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History apply by making a SOLAA account Washington D.C.
The office is characterized by a busy but proactive environment that strives to forward the goals of the Smithsonian Institution by connecting with the community and public at large.
- TED - New York
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short powerful talks.
- United Nations Foundation- Washington D.C. & New York
The UN has the mission and reach to solve global problems at a time when collective action is needed more than ever.
- World Resources Internship- Washington D.C.
WRI's mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth's environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Washington D.C. Internships
- American Cancer Society-Federal Relations Intern (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- American University (All Majors)
- ASPCA Summer Government Relations Internship (Law, Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- Brennan Center for Justice Summer Internship (Law, Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- Common Cause (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research Intern (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- The McCain Institute Internship Program (All Majors)
- Middle East Institute (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- Save the Children- Humanitarian Relief and Disaster Response Intern (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- The White House Internship Program (Political Science, Public Management & Policy Majors)
- Veterans Employment Trajectory Initiative (All Majors) Veterans Only
- U.S. ICE OCR internship
- U.S. House of Representatives Committee Internships (Political Science Majors)
- U.S. Senate Committee Internships (Political Science Majors)
- U.S Probation Office Intern (Law & Criminal Justice Majors)