The two-year course of study for the Master of Public Policy includes 42 required credit hours divided among three components- 24 core units, 12 elective units, and 6 units for a capstone policy lab. The program does not require a minor; however faculty members will work with students to find appropriate electives to help develop expertise in the student’s policy area of choice.
►Core Courses (24 Credits)
- PA 500: Economics for Public Policy
- PA 503: Politics, Policy & Public Management
- PA 505: Methods for Program Evaluation
- PA 515: State & Local Government Finance
- PA 552: Statistical Decision Making
- PA 553: Quantitative Policy Analysis I
- PA 554: Quantitative Policy Analysis II
- PA 555: Statistical Methods for Policy Analysis II
►Elective Courses (12 credits)
- Students will pursue 12 credits of study in their policy field of interest.
- With PRIOR department faculty approval, courses may be pursued outside SGPP .
►Capstone Course/Project (6 credits)
- Capstone Course Projects are supervised during the Spring semester by SGPP faculty.
- Students MUST submit a “Plan of Study” (intended graduation date) to the Graduate College prior to enrollment in Capstone Course. Information is available at: https://grad.arizona.edu/gcforms/academic-services-forms.
- 6 of 9 CORE courses must be completed prior to enrolling in the Capstone Course.