Below is a list of pre-approved MPA internships by area of interest. Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive, and only lists internship organizations that are the most common amongst MPA students.
Students are welcome to find an internship at different government and non-profit agencies. Additional internships can be found on the SGPP undergraduate internship website. Please consult with the Graduate Programs Manager on internship eligibility if the internship organization of interest is not listed below or on the SGPP undergraduate internship website.
Department administrators and community partners can submit internship announcements to SBSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Managed by the Partnership for Public Service, the Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program helps bring diverse young talent to government and offers students the opportunity to apply their educational training to work at a federal agency. Undergraduate, graduate and professional students from across are welcome to apply.
- Deadline: November 24th
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizens
- Website: https://gogovernment.org/fellowship/future-leaders-in-public-service-internship-program/
The Arizona Solar Energy Industries Association (AriSEIA) seeks a passionate and detail-oriented graduate student to join our team as an Energy Law & Policy Intern. This position offers the opportunity to work directly on pressing energy issues in Arizona. The intern will report to our Executive Director and General Counsel, with opportunities to learn and grow while working with other policy professionals.
Application Deadline: December 1st
The Hispanic Association of College and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program, a year-round internship program, will begin accepting applications for the Summer 2024 session on November 17, 2023. The PAID internship program dates are June 3-August 9, 2024. All majors welcome. Click here for additional details.
Application Available: November 17, 2023
Application Deadline: February 2, 2024
The National Redistricting Foundation (NRF) seeks an intern for the Litigation & Policy Department to assist the team. Legal interns will be supervised by the Director of Litigation and Policy and will work to help manage our litigation portfolio, analyze legislative measures, work on new case development, and generally support the broader team. Duties include conducting legal research and analysis to develop theories supporting new litigation or projects, helping coordinate internal and external communications regarding litigation, drafting and reviewing legal memoranda and review education/advocacy materials, and other duties as assigned.
More details on this internship can be found here. Both Spring and Summer internships are available.
Application Deadline: Unknown
The Tucson Pops Orchestra is looking for interns to assist with tasks in the area of performing arts management/administration.
Interns will assist with the following tasks:
- grant writing and research
- contract management
- donor relationship management
- assistance with vendors, advertisers, sponsors
- event-management tasks
- marketing (e.g. handling social media aspects based on a developed strategy)
Their ideal candidate will have the following skills/qualifications:
- invested, mature, and reliable
- good writing skills
- good time management skills
- passionate about the performing arts
- passionate about making a difference in the community
- can work independently while following instructions
- able to dedicate 6-10 hours/week
Please contact Executive Director, Taya Pocock, at email@example.com if interested.
List last updated: 11/27/23
Note: Organizations marked with an asterisk (*) are new additions.
- Arizona Master Naturalist
- Arthritis Foundation
- Audubon Society
- California Community Foundation
- Centro Cristiano Carismatico
- Chicanos Por La Causa
- Children's Clinics for Rehabilitative Services
- Christopher Scott's Water Resources and Policy Group
- Community Foundation of Southern Arizona
- *Compass Affordable Housing*
- Family Housing Resources
- Hope, Inc.
- International Rescue Committee
- LeCroy & Milligan Associates, Inc.
- Live Theater Workshop
- March of Dimes
- Our Family Services
- Pima Prevention Partnership
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- The ALS Association
- Tucson Zoological Society (Reid Park Zoo)
- United Way of Southern Arizona and Tucson
- Voices for Education
- Arizona Corporate Commission
- City of Bisbee
- City of Tucson - City Clerk's Office
- City of Tucson - Parks and Recreation Department
- City of Tucson - City Manager’s Office
- City of Tucson - City Mayor's Office
- Northwest Fire/Rescue District
- Oro Valley Town Manager's Office
- Pima County Attorney's Office
- Pima County Department of Community & Workforce Development (previously Community Development & Neighborhood Conservation)
- Pima County Juvenile Court
- Pima County Superior Court Pretrial Services
- Pima County Adult Probation Department
- Town of Marana - Town Manager's Office
- Town of Oro Valley, Economic Development
- American Trauma Society
- Arizona Wilderness Coalition
- Capital Research Center
- Center for Applied Behavioral Health Policy
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- International Dark Sky Association
- National Archive and Records Administration
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- Sierra Club
- U.S. Government Accountability Office
- U.S. Congressional Offices
- U.S. Customs & Border Patrol
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. District Court - District of Arizona
- U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution
- United States embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions
- Division of Human Resources
- Graduate & Professional Student Council
- National Institute for Civil Discourse
- Office of Federal Relations
- Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Take Charge America Institute
- The Bio/Diversity Project
- Think Tank
- Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy
- University of Arizona - Alumni Association
Other academic departments may have internships available.