Below is a list of pre-approved MPA internships by area of interest. Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive, and only lists internship organizations that are the most common amongst MPA students.
Students are welcome to find an internship at different government and non-profit agencies. Additional internships can be found on the SGPP undergraduate internship website. Please consult with the Graduate Programs Manager on internship eligibility if the internship organization of interest is not listed below or on the SGPP undergraduate internship website.
Department administrators and community partners can submit internship announcements to SBSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Transportation & Mobility (DTM) at the City of Tucson is looking to bring on two part-time interns that will work with staff in the Planning & Programming Division and Transit Services Division. They will assist in delivering mobility and traffic safety projects, Tucson Norte Sur equitable transit-oriented development planning, community outreach and helping to provide program support for shared micromobility (bike share and e-scooters), parklets, and free bike rack distribution.
Application Deadline: September 21st
The University of Arizona Office of Sustainability seeks six highly qualified undergraduate or graduate students to engage in the development of University’s first-ever Sustainability & Climate Action Plan. The Action Plan will outline an ambitious and comprehensive roadmap for achieving a sustainable, zero-emissions, and resilient future. The Action Plan is being created through an inclusive and equitable process, engaging students, faculty, staff, and community members with the goal of enhancing the capacity of the University and Arizona communities to withstand and recover from climate-related challenges.
Application Deadline: September 24th
Help diversify the environmental fields and develop the next generation of leaders, stewards, and scientists by working as an outreach educator in local K-12 schools. Receive training, mentorship, and work experience while fostering gender and racial equity within the STEM fields.
Application Deadline: October 1st
The Hispanic Association of College and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program, a year-round internship program, is accepting applications for the Spring 2024 session. The PAID internship program dates are January 8-April 19, 2024. All majors welcome. Click here for additional details.
Application Deadline: October 16th
Are you a motivated student seeking to jumpstart your career in the field of international development, research, and analysis? TANGO International is thrilled to introduce our Resilience Internships and Student Experiences (RISE) Program, offering a unique chance to gain hands-on experience and develop vital skills.
Responsibilities: As a RISE intern at TANGO International, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our mission to alleviate hunger and poverty among vulnerable populations worldwide. Your responsibilities will include conducting primary and secondary research, contributing to report writing, data analysis, and assisting in the preparation of business proposals. You'll also have the opportunity to engage in quality control of field data, support quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and learn about evaluation cycle management and international UN standards.
To apply: Submit a resume or CV and the number of hours/week you are available to work to Chloe Hein, Senior Research Associate, email@example.com.
Compass Affordable Housing provides housing support services and referrals to the community. CAH operates a large, scattered housing program called Community Housing. We also operate an in-house Tenant Services program that is unique to each owned apartment community to support residents and assist them to maintain their housing and meet their daily needs, regardless of income, while they are living in high quality, affordable housing. We provide community and individualized support services to tenants to access the services they need.
Click here for more information about these internship opportunities at CAH.
The National Security Agency (NSA) will have multiple internship opportunities for and upcoming information sessions.
- Internships at NSA provide exciting work and compensation commensurate with academic level.
- Students working toward an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate degree in a field critical to NSA’s mission, we can help them gain real-world experience.
- Opportunities exist in many of our most challenging job categories for college students willing to dedicate their time to national security.
- The application period for most internships starts Sept 1st through Oct 15th.
- Applications can be submitted at https://apply.intelligencecareers.gov/job-listings.
Fall 2023 College Programs Information Sessions
The Office of Student Programs Services is hosting a series of virtual information sessions for students to hear directly from NSA employees on the great college program opportunities the Agency has to offer! These sessions are for any level college student and will be focus on college programs such as Summer Internships and Cooperative Education Program opportunities! All academic majors are welcome.
We have several offerings available. Register today to one of our sessions to learn more about eligibility requirements and benefits.
List last updated: 9/19/23
- Arizona Corporate Commission
- City of Bisbee
- City of Tucson - City Clerk's Office
- City of Tucson - Parks and Recreation Department
- City of Tucson - City Manager’s Office
- City of Tucson - City Mayor's Office
- Northwest Fire/Rescue District
- Oro Valley Town Manager's Office
- Pima County Attorney's Office
- Pima County Department of Community & Workforce Development (previously Community Development & Neighborhood Conservation)
- Pima County Juvenile Court
- Pima County Superior Court Pretrial Services
- Pima County Adult Probation Department
- Town of Marana - Town Manager's Office
- Town of Oro Valley, Economic Development
- Arizona Master Naturalist
- Arthritis Foundation
- Audubon Society
- California Community Foundation
- Centro Cristiano Carismatico
- Chicanos Por La Causa
- Children's Clinics for Rehabilitative Services
- Christopher Scott's Water Resources and Policy Group
- Community Foundation of Southern Arizona
- Family Housing Resources
- Hope, Inc.
- International Rescue Committee
- LeCroy & Milligan Associates, Inc.
- Live Theater Workshop
- March of Dimes
- Our Family Services
- Pima Prevention Partnership
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- The ALS Association
- Tucson Zoological Society (Reid Park Zoo)
- United Way of Southern Arizona and Tucson
- Voices for Education
- American Trauma Society
- Arizona Wilderness Coalition
- Capital Research Center
- Center for Applied Behavioral Health Policy
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- International Dark Sky Association
- National Archive and Records Administration
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- Sierra Club
- U.S. Government Accountability Office
- U.S. Congressional Offices
- U.S. Customs & Border Patrol
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. District Court - District of Arizona
- U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution
- United States embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions
- Division of Human Resources
- Graduate & Professional Student Council
- National Institute for Civil Discourse
- Office of Federal Relations
- Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Take Charge America Institute
- Think Tank
- Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy
- University of Arizona - Alumni Association
Other academic departments may have internships available.