The Autism Society Southern Arizona is the leading voice and resource of the entire autism community in education, advocacy, services, research and support. The Autism Society is committed to meaningful participation and self-determination in all aspects of life for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families. The Autism Society Southern Arizona accomplishes its ongoing mission through close collaboration with a successful network of affiliates, members and supporters as well as several local nonprofits.
Apply 1-2 months before the start of the enrollment period.
Purpose of the internship
- Update information on website resource pages and manage social media site.
- Participate in key fundraising events and possibly represent organization at the largest community autism event in Southern Arizona.
- Provide administrative support to Associate Director that may involve updating email and grant databases, community trainings and events.
- Participate in the Stepping Stone Parent Training program and assist with program management.
- During the spring semester, the student will actively be involved in fundraising, community outreach and be part of of the walk committee team that is responsible for the Autism Walk & Resource Fair that hosts 1-2k attendees.
Agency preferred qualifications
Interest in non-profits, autism awareness campaigns, community outreach and learning administrative tasks. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to play a vital role in creating an information and referral service while gaining valuable nonprofit experience, cultivating your interest in policies, strengthening your understanding of how to reach the autism community, and gain administrative skills and work experience.
How to apply
Send a resume and letter of interest to Brie Seward at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email inviting you to an interview about 1 month prior to the enrollment term.