Applying to Graduate
Students apply to graduate by submitting their graduation application via the UAccess Student Center, also referred to as a "degree audit worksheet" (DAW). Students apply to graduate after they enroll in their final semester's courses. Students will be charged a $50 degree candidacy fee after applying for graduation.
- May (Spring) & August (Summer) graduates, the deadline to submit your graduation application is 2/1, after this deadline an additional $50 fee will be charged.
- December (Fall) & January (Winter) graduates, the deadline to submit your graduation application is 9/1, after this deadline an additional $50 fee will be charged.
Steps to Graduate
1. Register for your final semester courses and review your degree requirements with your major and minor advisors.
2. Apply to graduate through UAccess Student Center. See detailed instructions on how to Apply for Degree Candidacy. Students may need to meet with their advisor after they have submitted the graduation application.
UAccess will show you “contact your advisor” after you have applied to graduate; however, your advisor will contact you when your DAW is prepared. You will be given instructions on if/how to schedule your degree audit worksheet appointment. You should not schedule your degree audit appointment online or attend walk-ins to review your DAW unless instructed by your advisor.
3. Attend your degree audit worksheet appointment if needed with your major advisor and review your final major requirements. Your major advisor will sign your degree audit worksheet and deliver it to graduation services.
If you returning a completed Degree Audit Worksheet (DAW), please see Stacy in Social Sciences 322 to drop off your DAW. Stacy is available Monday through Friday from 10:00-11:30 and from 1:30-3:30.
4. Complete the SGPP Exit Survey.
**The candidacy fee is charged to your Bursar's account.**
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Cap and Gown Information: SGPP is under the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, which uses a white tassel.
- College of Social & Behavioral Sciences Convocation Ceremony: For SBS undergraduate majors only
- UA Commencement Ceremony: For all UA students celebrating graduation