Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our office is closed to the public, but all staff will be holding virtual office time from 8am- 5pm, Monday through Friday. Please allow up to 24 hours response time. Faculty and Adjuncts will respond as their schedules permit. Please refer to our list of contacts
The Washington Center: Inside Washington Seminar
The School of Government and Public Policy has funding available to sponsor eligible students to attend an academic seminar program in Washington D.C. SGPP funding will cover seminar costs and a travel stipend. The January 2022 Inside Washington Seminar will be January 2nd to January 10th, 2022. While this program will not count for academic credit, it is a great opportunity to learn more about the political process and learn how national leaders address important issues.
Seminar details can be found on the Washington Center Inside Washington Seminar Webpage
You must meet the following requirements to apply for SGPP sponsored participation in the Washington Center Inside Washington Seminar:
- Be a declared SGPP major (Law, Criminal Justice Studies, Public Management and Policy, or Political Science)
- Be in junior or senior standing (minimum 60 units completed)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Currently attending the UA main campus
All stipends are credited to your Bursars Account. Deficits on the Bursars account will be satisfied before a refund will be issued to a student.
All student travelers are held to the Student Code of Conduct standards while representing the UA at off-campus events/locations.
How to Apply
Complete the online application
The Application for SGPP funding for the January 2022 Inside Washington Seminar Is now closed.
As part of your application, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Résumé (include current education AND career, scholarship and volunteer experience)
- Brief statement answering the following question (500 words): How will this program help you achieve your future professional interests.