The Children’s Advocacy Center of Southern Arizona (CAC) provides a safe, compassionate, healing environment for children who have been a victim or witnessed a crime.
Applying in advance allows both the student and agency to figure out if it will be a great fit. Applying one month prior to the semester starting is the absolute latest applications will be taken. We have limited spaces and therefore applying early will secure your internship.
Internship Description: Unpaid
- Provide support and supervision to child clients, as needed.
- Keep resource areas organized and well stocked; fill resource requests.
- Provide program support to Training & Community Outreach Coordinator and Facilitators, which may include making copies, preparing binders and other class materials, setting up the conference room, etc.
- Complete projects as assigned, which may include creating resources, calling families for feedback surveys, or assisting at events.
Purpose of the Internship:
The purpose of this internship would be to provide an opportunity to learn new skills while supporting the work of the Children’s Advocacy Center. Our goal is to provide high quality internship opportunities for all students. Interns could learn about:
- Providing high quality services to the community
- Trauma-Informed approaches
- Importance of being flexible.
- Serving vulnerable children and families
Agency Minimum Qualifications
3.0 GPA, Level one Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
Agency Preferred Qualifications
Experience working with children in any capacity, good communication skills, flexibility with schedule, bilingual a plus!
How to Apply
If interested, please send resume to Sarah Reed. At that time she will follow-up with an application for you to complete.
Expected Contact: We will contact you within a week after receiving an email about your interest in an internship opportunity.
Sarah Reed, email@example.com
Agency/Organization Website link: www.cacsoaz.org