Spring 2019 Application Open Period:
March 1, 2019-- March 31, 2019.
Most School of Government and Public Policy Scholarships are now on Scholarship Universe.
Scholarship Applications are processed during the spring semester for the following fall. Additional Scholarships are available on the SGPP website.
Please refer to Scholarship Universe for more details about specific scholarships.
Basis Instructions for Using Scholarship Universe
- The first time you use Scholarship Universe, you’ll need to answer a series of questions – the more depth you’re able to provide, the more accurately we’ll be able to match you to scholarships.
- If you’re a returning user, make sure you answer any new questions and update out of date answers. Click on PROFILE and NEW QUESTIONS to make sure all questions have been answered. Click on PROFILE and MY ANSWERS to review previously answered questions and make sure your information is up to date and correct.
Review your scholarships
- Eligible will show you all the scholarships you’ve been matched to, Ineligible will contain all the scholarships you haven’t been matched to, and Undetermined will display scholarships for which we need more info (i.e. you have unanswered questions) to match you.
- You can easily determine which scholarships are offered by UA by looking at the Source Type column. UA Scholarships will say UA, and the Source column will indicate which College is offering the Scholarship
- Clicking on any scholarship will take you to the scholarship details page. You’ll be able to see the specific questions which are either matching you to the scholarship (eligible) or keeping you from being matched (ineligible or undetermined).
Apply for scholarships
- If you’re applying for a non-UA scholarship, follow whatever instructions are provided by that organization.
- If you’re applying for a UA scholarship, you’ll do so through Scholarship Universe and may need to do the following:
- Download the application template: most UA scholarships will have a template for you to download and complete from the scholarship details page. It may contain additional instructions which you should follow.
- Upload your completed template: once you’ve completed the template and saved it to your computer, click on DOCUMENTS and UPLOAD to upload it to SU – this will make it available to select from the drop down menus on the scholarship details page.
- Upload additional documentation: you may also need to include a resume/CV, unofficial transcript, etc. These types of documents don’t require template, so you just need to upload them via the process mentioned above.
- Request a Confidential Recommendation Letter (CRL): some scholarships also require one more CRLs. Click on DOCUMENTS and RECOMMENDATION LETTERS (CRLs) to request one. You’ll need to enter the recommender’s name, email address, deadline for the request, and optionally personal text. Once you’ve requested a CRL, the request will be available from the appropriate drop down menu on the scholarship details page (note that the request must either have a deadline sooner than that of the scholarship or have already been received by the system in order for it to appear).
- Submit your application: once you’ve selected an appropriate document for each requirement on the scholarship details page, click on the Submit Application Now button. This will apply you to that scholarship and any additional scholarships listed under the BONUS section.
- There’s no limit to how many scholarships you can apply for except for the time you’re willing to commit to the process. So apply for as many scholarships as possible!
Trouble Shooting / Tips
- We recommend accessing Scholarship Universe through Chrome on a PC for best results.
- If you’re not sure about something in SU, be sure to check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section under HELP to see if your question has already been answered.
- If something isn’t displaying correctly, or not working as expected, try using a different browser or computer to see if it resolves the issue. If that doesn’t resolve the problem or you’re getting an error message of some kind, please email us for assistance at OSFA-SU@email.arizona.edu (be sure to include what browser and operating system you’re using, and if possible include a screenshot of the issue).