Iskashitaa operates the only year-round cleaning program in Southern Arizona and educates on the multiple uses of traditional and nontraditional, native and non-native fruits, nuts, pods, seeds, and even flowers. IRN builds bridges in the community toward increased cultural competency and diversity awareness. All of Iskashitaa’s community relations have the underlying goal of increasing awareness and action for pressing human rights issues both locally and globally through direct contact with individuals and organizations in the Tucson community and beyond.
Apply at least two months before the start of the enrollment term
- Online fundraising
- Grant writing
- Marketing activities
Social Media Intern
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to executing a new volunteer portal
- Upgrade/maintain our website
- PR work, coordinating a monthly newsletter and weekly social media content
- Strong oral communication and writing skills (Please provide a writing sample with resume)
- Letter writing campaigns re: social justice issues in the area of agriculture, food waste, and immigration related to refugee resettlement
- Providing current news to our network
Purpose of the internship
- Interns learn to work in a multi-cultural environment, build professional networks within the community and cultivate adaptability and creativity in a dynamic world.
- Students gain an in-depth understanding of the multiple systems of refugee resettlement globally, nationally, and locally while gaining a keen understanding of local food justice, hunger, and environmental sustainability and individual/group civic engagement.
- Students gain practical experience in stopping food wastage