Finishing Your Degree

Once you are registered for your final semester, you can start the paperwork required to receive your degree. (If you are filling out your Degree Plan early, you can estimate your registration for future semesters.)

Steps to Complete Your Degree:

All forms can be found in the GradPath system. The GradPath system can be found in your UAccess Student Center. To navigate to GradPath Forms, use the drop-down menu in the Academics section, which will allow you to enter into the GradPath Forms area.;

  1. Update your personal information. Please make sure the permanent address we have for you is accurate or enter a diploma address
  2. Complete the Responsible Conduct of Research Statement. Every student is required to complete this form. Once this is submitted you will be able to access the rest of the forms.
  3. Complete a Plan of Study. Click on Create New; search for your major adviser (faculty advisor) and Coordinator of graduate programs (Pamela Adams), and department head (Chad Westerland).
  4. Add Enrollment to populate your courses to your Plan of Study. There is also a transfer coursework section if you have any transfer work to be counted towards your degree. Once submitted, your form will route electronically to your committee members to “sign” the form. This form is static and does not update with new information enroute.
  5. Complete the Master's/Specialist Committee Appointment Form (Master's degree only). Once your Plan of Study has been approved, this form will become available. Click on Create New to fill out this form with your program adviser's information. When you submit this form it will again be routed to your department for approval.
  6. Pay the $35 graduation services fee which will be added to your Bursar’s account. Your degree will not be posted if you have a balance at the Bursar’s Office.
  7. For Certificate programs or dual degrees, a separate Plan of Study will need to be submitted for each program.

For More Information

Graduate College forms and guidelines:

Department Instructions for Grad Path: 

GradPath FAQ from the Graduate College:

Graduation Ceremonies

  • The MPA program offers a private commencement ceremony once per year in May.  All graduates from the preceding year are welcome to attend. 
  • SBS Convocation: The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences ceremony is held twice a year, once in May and once in December. Each person will be recognized individually and departmental representation will be in attendance. RSVP is necessary! For more information and to RSVP to the SBS ceremony, please see their webpage .
  • University of Arizona Commencement: The University-wide commencement ceremony at Arizona Stadium.  This event is only held in May. No RSVP is necessary. Please follow the link for more information.

Regalia: Regalia can be obtained from the UA Bookstore. Our tassel and hood color is teal blue. More information on renting or purchasing regalia can be found here


Diplomas are not handed out at the ceremonies but mailed later after all grades have been posted and your degree awarded by the Graduate College.  For more on awarding diplomas, see the Graduate College.  Proof of an awarded degree will also appear on your final transcript, and you may want to request a final transcript as soon as you know that your degree is posted.


MPA Employment Statistics, Graduation Class of 2014