Criminal Justice Studies, Political Science and Public Management and Policy majors in the School of Government and Public Policy in junior and senior standing are charged a $450 program fee each fall and spring semester until graduation. Law majors in the School of Government and Public Policy in junior and senior standing are charged a $900 program fee each fall and spring semester until graduation. The program fees are used for programs that provide student resources and experiences, including but not limited to: academic advising, scholarships, professional skill development, expanded internship opportunities, career networking, speaker series, and seminars. All program fee activities are reviewed and approved by our Student Governance Board.
SGPP has been able to service students through the following programs and activities:
- Need-based scholarships every semester
- Textbook Scholarships every semester
- Travel funding for study abroad, internships, and conferences (domestic and international)
- Professional development workshops (on and off campus)
- Graduate school and career preparation workshops
- Washington Center- Academic seminars in Washington, D.C.
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certification summer program
- Graduate test preparation (GRE, LSAT, GMAT)
- Equiss Social Justice retreat
- Criminal Justice Club membership funding
- Undergraduate research fellowships
- Peer mentor program
- SGPP Alumni panel
- New faculty members
- New adjunct faculty
- Increase in course offerings
- Academic advising
Do you have an activity or program you would like funded? Let us know by submitting an online form submission!